The Spectre quickdraw is perfect for climbers building their first rack. The carabiners are full sized for easy handling, have a small gate notch for reduced snagging, and I-Beam construction to reduce weight.
A lightweight 11mm Dynatec sling links the carabiners, making a great starter quickdraw that can be used for all styles of climbing.
- All-round range are mounted on 11mm Dynatec to give quickdraws that can be used for sport, trad or winter climbing. Full sized carabiners are easy to handle when pumped or wearing gloves, while 11mm Dynatec is lightweight and robust. If you want one set of quickdraws to cover all your climbing, go for all-rounders.
- Dynatec is strong and light, allowing thin and flexible slings to be used to connect carabiners. An 11mm diameter sling strikes a balance between minimal weight and durability, creating lightweight quickdraws that can withstand repeated use.
- Wire gates are the lightest gate type available, and are appropriate for trad, alpine and winter climbing, where minimal weight is desirable. They are less likely to freeze and clog with ice than solid gate biners, making them ideal for winter and alpine climbing.
- Carabiners with wire gates need a gate notch to achieve their full strength rating. The notches on these carabiners are as small as possible while remaining functional, reducing the chance of them snagging on other equipment.
- I-Beam construction techniques allow carabiners to be lighter without compromising strength. This is achieved through hot forging, a process which allows metal to be made into complex shapes that improve functionality.
- Contact with wires and bolts can mark a carabiner with sharp edges that might be harmful to ropes. The carabiners on our quickdraws are differentiated by colour, allowing you to consistently use the same end for either protection or ropes.