The Spectre features I-Beam construction for reduced weight, a shrouded nose for added security, and generous rope radii for smooth rope running and softer catches in a fall.
Versatility and a broad feature set make the Spectre an ideal starting point for a climbing rack.
- All-round carabiners can be used across trad, sport, or winter climbing. They are full sized for ease of handling, while I-Beam construction and wire gates keep weight low. If you want one type of carabiner to cover all your climbing needs, you need an all-rounder.
- Wire gates are the lightest gate type available, and resist freezing shut in cold conditions. They are crucial in reducing the weight of your rack, and are ideal for trad, winter, and alpine climbing.
- Carabiners with wire gates need a gate notch to achieve their full strength rating. The notches on these carabiners are as small as possible while remaining functional, reducing the chance of them snagging on other equipment.
- I-Beam construction techniques allow carabiners to be lighter without compromising strength. This is achieved through hot forging, a process which allows metal to be made into complex shapes that improve functionality.
- Coloured carabiners allow colour coding of gear on your rack, helping you select the right piece of protection first time on a big trad lead.